CSA Member Information...
- The 2016-17 CSA season will start on: Friday/Saturday, November 11/12, 2016 for Weekly and Group A Every Other Week members; Friday/Saturday, November 18/19 for Group B Every Other Week Members). The season will run for 28 weeks for Weekly Share members and 14 weeks for Every Other Week Share members. There will be no pick-ups during the weeks of Thanksgiving and Christmas. We also reserve the right to postpone one share pick-up in late February or early March to plant spring crops, if necessary. However, this will not affect the total number of share pick-up weeks
- For the first time, we are including handling fees for those who pay online. We have been absorbing the costs from the very beginning but find it necessary now to add these fees. There are no fees, of course, associated with checks or cash!
- Shares will consist of at least 7 items, such as a head of lettuce, one bunched kale, portion of cucumbers, etc., and are subject to seasonal availability. We do our best each week to give members a full selection with lots of variety but weather and growing conditions will dictate what actually ends up in each tote
- All totes are packed for members from the vegetables harvested each week at their peak of ripeness. Everyone will receive the same variety of vegetables and we cannot customize for each member. However, if there is any one specific vegetable a member cannot eat or does not like, this should be noted on the membership form. This helps Rodger in the planting of crops. This season for the first time, we will have a “trade box” near the farm stand where members can trade in the one item in exchange for another. Keep in mind that early pick-ups will have the advantage of more varieties to select from
- Produce, fruit and herbs at the farm stand can be purchased by members at a small discount rate
- Be aware that although we wash most of our vegetables at our wash station after harvesting, we do recommend you wash them again before eating
- During those times of inclement or dangerous weather conditions making it difficult to harvest crops, we reserve the right to delay share pick up until the weather has cleared up. Because members will be notified by email, we do encourage everyone to check their email in the event we do send something out regarding delay, re-scheduling or any other unplanned changes
- The two insulated tote bags purchased from us (or which have been provided to us) are used in alternating weeks. Any time a member forgets their tote, we have to use a plastic bag at our cost for that member’s share at the time of pick up. Please remember to always bring your tote at pick-up time
- Our produce is grown using organic growing methods and we therefore do not spray undesirable chemicals; at times the produce may not be perfect because of this and may have small holes in leaves or insect bites or possibly even a bug or worm. We try our best to grade out any heavily damaged produce but at times something may get overlooked and slip right past us
- Some produce and fruit may be grown in small quantities only, for example, watermelon. Members may purchase these items at member discount
- If upon pick up, there is any problem with a member’s produce, please notify us within 48 hours, preferably with an emailed or texted photo so we can look into it as soon as possible. Any bad produce will be replaced
- Members who are not able to pick up their share or who may even forget will still be responsible to have the share picked up by someone else and we do need prior notification of this. If a member cannot find someone for pick-up by 2 pm on Saturday, the tote’s contents will be donated to a worthy cause and that week’s share is forfeited. There will be no Sunday pick-up
- If members would like to visit the farm, please note that Thursdays and Fridays are extremely busy days for us due to harvesting, washing and packing. Either call or email us to set up a day and time that is convenient for you and us
- Whatever questions or feedback you as a member may have, we ask that you email, text or call Carol, or, use our contact form. We will do our best to get back with you as soon as we possibly can
Click here to download document